Exposition time and venue:
April 27 – June 11, 2017
The Gallery of Art in Legnica
Exhibition opening: May 20, 2017
Works must be submitted by April 5, 2017
References to important phenomena that shape the present are a lasting tradition of Legnica Jewellery Festival SILVER. Proposing topics for future competitions we have been trying to follow current civilisational changes and thus inspire artist-goldsmiths, designers and makers of unique jewellery to overpass the schemes and search for individual interpretations.
As it happens, recently, there has not probably been an issue that would not be politically marked – and usually in a negative context. Social processes and their rapid re-evaluations that we are witnessing are described in a language of extreme emotions and not of facts; and ‘post-truth’ becomes the word of the year. As a result existing criteria for ordering the individual / community relation more and more often force us to make world view declarations. At the same time the very identity of an individual acquires an almost exclusively virtual quality and becomes the subject of self-creation, manipulation and even identity theft.
Designer jewellery, that has always been treated as a personal amulet, a symbol, a determinant of individual identity, today is subject to the same mechanisms of ruthless marketing as any product, service, emotion or experience. Therefore new questions arise with respect to the item / user relation both in the real and virtual context so ruthlessly shaped by the economy of profit.
Are material amulets still needed to manifest our identity?
Have former functions of jewellery been indivertibly taken over by electronic accessories?
Will the personal item made of precious materials get indivertibly replaced by the Big Data algorithm, which is able to make our personality profile on the basis of just 50 traces that we unwittingly leave on the Internet?
We invite you to get to know the works of the winners of the 25th Legnica International Jewellery Competition CITY, and full report from SILVER Festival 2016.
Idea and entry form
of the 25th Legnica International Jewellery Competition
C I T Y
We sincerely invite you to take part in
25th Legnica International Jewellery Competition
C I T Y
within the framework of
Legnica Jewellery Festival SILVER 2016
Deadline for sending pieces: 25th of March 2016 !!!
Awards and prizes in the competence of the Jury:
- Grand Prix PLN 10.000 (c.a. € 2300)* + 1 kg of silver
- 2nd Award of the Marshall of Silesia Province PLN 5.000 (c.a. € 1150)* + 1 kg of silver
- Award of the Mayor of the City of Legnica PLN 3.000 (c.a. € 690)* + 1 kg of silver
- Award of the Gallery of Art in Legnica solo exhibition with catalogue worth 1.000 €
- The Organizers' Special Award for creativity,
courage, uncompromising attitude, innovation
and a sense of humour “Silver Spur” – statuette + 1 kg of silver
Prizes beyond the competence of the Jury:
- INHORGENTA MUNICH Award – free stand at INHORGENTA MUNICH in 2017 worth 2000 €
- The Joachim Sokólski Award established by the Polish Modern Art Foundation - 1 kg of silver
- Polish Jewellery Award - free stand at Summer Trade Fair JUBINALE in Cracow in 2017
- Polish Jewellery Award - advertisement in Polish Jewellery catalogue in 2017
- Honourable Mention of the Goldsmithing Artists` Association – diploma
- Honourable Mention of the Director of the Gallery of Art in Legnica – diploma + 0,5 kg of silver
Additional prizes are predicted.
We invite you sincerely to Legnica,
especially on the 20th – 21st May 2016,
when the culmination of the Legnica Jewellery Festival takes place.
*Exchange rate of EURO on 15.12.2015. Award in PLN will be converted to
EURO in accordance with exchange rate on 21.05.2016, less tax due.
The Gallery of Art in Legnica
Pl. Katedralny 1
59-220 Legnica, Poland
tel. +48 76 86 20 910, fax. +48 76 85 65 126
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Monika Szpatowicz - curator of the LJF SILVER
Julita Grzegolec - assistant of the curator
See the relation from the culmination of the Legnica Jewellery Fsetival SILVER 2015! (click)
Read previous news here.